The Nokia 9 launched in the heat of the smartphone photography war and it seems already ahead of the competition - while others are adopting the triple-cam setup and Huawei pushing the quadruple, Nokia is already ahead of the game with the first hexa-camera on the back.
Don't get that excited just yet. Even though there are six snappers, not one of those is wide or telephoto. That's because the Nokia 9 PureView isn't targeting the casual user - but the photography enthusiasts who are already used to shooting RAW on their digital cameras and would welcome the same experience on a phone. But more about that new camera in a minute.
The rest of the Nokia 9 specs aren't as cutting-edge. The phone boasts a 5.99" OLED screen of QHD+ resolution, a last year's Snapdragon 845 chipset with 6GB of RAM, and a 3,320 mAh battery that won't last it a whole lot.The Nokia 9's PureView camera has five 12MP modules with the same fixed focal length of 28mm along with a ToF camera. The output of all cameras is combined into one for a supposedly stunning image with unmatched dynamic range. Lossless zoom is on the table, too. This all sounds promising, but those looking for the versatility of the different focal ranges that other manufacturers are offering might be disappointed.
- Body: Gorilla Glass 5 back, 6000 Series aluminum frame, 8mm thickness
- Screen: 5.99" p-OLED display QHD+ (2880 x 1440px), HDR10; Gorilla Glass 5
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 128GB built-in storage
- OS: Android 9.0; Android One
- Rear camera: 3x 12MP f/1.8 Monochrome + 2x 12MP f/1.8 RGB + 3D ToF camera; 4K@30fps and 4K HDR video recording
- Front camera: 20MP F/1.8 with Tetracell pixel binning, which combines four pixels into one pixel in low light
- Battery: 3,320 mAh; Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging (up to 10W)
- Connectivity: Cat. 16 Gigabit LTE (1024/150 Mbps), Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, USB-C port
- Misc: IP67 rating, In-display fingerprint scanner + 2D face unlock
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.